Saturday, May 16, 2009

Soccer, Carnivals, and Breakdancers... OH MY!!

Day Two started off on a somewhat gray note. 

When waking up, one would see the gray skies that took over the city. This was a bitter-sweet present for me. We went to go see a neat photography exhibit. A group of us left for the former downtown of West Berlin. It was cool to see a church that was bombed in WWII. We also saw some breakdancers


Carolyn and I went to a Bundesliga Fussball game. Hertha BSC took on big rivals FC Schalke 04. The game ended in a 0-0 tie, but the atmosphere was INSANE!!! We had to buy scalper tickets because the game was sold out, all 74000+ seats were taken!!


We got back to the hotel only to go right back out to a carnival. It was a pretty cool to take pictures there. I also finally got to use my Yoshi and Luigi! Long exposures are fun by the way. 

Now I am back in the hotel typing up my blog and about to goto sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vince,
    I know you don't know me, but I went on the trip last year. I'm pretty jealous that you guys made a soccer match. Last year their schedule had them out of Berlin all month. You need to find the Dr. Pong bar one of these nights.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete