Friday, July 2, 2010

Catching up again....

Going to make this pretty much shorter and sweet.. well relatively speaking compared to normal....
Italy - Monday: Woke up, took a tour of the city that we should have done during the first week. Headed home to study for two exams the next day.
Tuesday: Took two exams that I didn't do as well as I should have... but the professors hated me cause I knew how to form my own opinion (vafanculo Dr. Sipiora). Later that night, got some good dinner and headed to Christina's for some wifi and to avoid studying for an exam on Wednesday
Wednesday: Took the exam early in the day (FINALLY DONE!!!) then went touring the city. Bought some gifts, watched a soccer game while everyone else went to out to get shitty that night. Glad I didnt go because many people blacked out.. suckas
Thusday - Festival day in Florence. Pretty much just did some more touring around the city, got to sleep in later that day. Got the single best steak I have ever had.
Friday: Woke up early to go to Pisa but there was a train strike. Instead, I went up the Florence Bell Tower to take pics. Also just did a little more touring of the city and bought more gifts. Had a good bye dinner that night and went out for Christina's Bday with everyone. This was fun, but I hate clubbing. Oh well.
Saturday: Well, I didn't go to bed till 7am as I wanted to take pictures of the Florence sunrise and of places sans people. Also found a secret bakery and got some fresh croissants and bread. Ended up sleeping till 2pm, packed a little, got ice cream for lunch and a sandwich for dessert, lol. Ended up at Christina's that night for a little going away get together. This was awesome but sad.
Sunday - Left Florence. Actually was sad to leave the city and my awesome roomie of 6 weeks. But I knew I would see two good friends in Austria so all way good. When at the airport, I meet up with Gimli (Arin from our study abroad program, he looks just like the LotR character Gimli, just younger and more ugly). But we sat down to eat lunch together which made the three hour wait a little bit better. I got my single pizza slice and small fries and sat down where he was watching the bags. He then got up to get his stuff. When he came back, he got two big slices of pizza. He then left and came back with olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, and two different things of pepper. When he came back to the table with all this crap, there were these 4 Swedish people sitting right behind him looking at him, then the food,  then him, then the food, then me and then repeat. When he left to bring all the extras back to the bar, they looked at me and said "American?" I quickly responded "Oh yeah". They laughed at him and said that it easily showed. Now not only is this kid ugly, but hes just awkwardly fat. Some people carry their fat well, but others like this kid look like they-have-an-inner-tube-wrapped-around-his-waist fat. They said that he had more than enough room to store all that food. They then asked me where I was from and I didn't have the balls to say the State so I said Canada. Then I ran along with this story for the next five minutes as they were asking tons of questions, lololol. Thank god for being a hockey fan and a Peter Forsberg fan (an awesome Swedish player that I asked a few questions about). When Gimli came back, he actually thought I was Canadian too, poor guy. But to make a long story short, I will never tell people I am American and the Swedish as awesome (and beautiful).

Austria - Finally landed in Austria, happy to be with good friends. Next day went on a Segway and walked up to a nice little restaurant on the mountain with one of Thom's coworkers and her kids. The next day we went up to the salt mines area to go bobsledding. This was just as fun as last year but this time I could record a video, woot woot. The next day we went on the rope climbing and I had to help Thom finish some of the courses as he was too weak to do so himself. For the dinners in Austria, we went to get Italian once, went to the Austria country side for some good local wieners, and the got Chinese where the food came out on a belt that we just picked off of.. soo awesome

Switzerland/Liechtenstein - Finally in Switzerland, so freaking beautiful here. First full day here was OK because of a shitty tourguide. Oh well. Massive Zurich Party this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment